Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Celebrations!

Put the big girl pants away for now; they aren't needed this week. Instead, everyone raise a glass and toast my good health! Yesterday I saw my doctor and she told me that my scan results came back. There is no evidence of any new cancer. I have been given a clean bill of health!

I will be getting my next set of scans three months from now, sometime in July, which means I get to party it up and have a fabulous spring and early summer.

I'll talk more in future postings about how I have learned to live a full life in three month increments in between scans, but today is all about celebrating.

I have truly been given a new lease on life! Life is good today.


Tonight I am taking off my big girl pants and putting on my party pants. Momma, the Big Man and I are going out for a celebratory dinner. I invite all of you to join us in celebration. Thank you for your prayers! They worked!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

woooo hooo! so happy to hear!! will celebrate west-coast style for you!

Unknown said...

I'm celebrating for you today! WONDERFUL NEWS!

Bora said...

B - I JUST printed this picture of you yesterday and it's going on my scrapbook page from the fab baltimore wedding weekend (yeh, I scrapbook). So happy to hear this xox

Anonymous said...

Bridget! I am so happy to hear the good news about your latest scan! Everytime I thought about tearing up while reading, I thought about "my big girl pants" and tied them a little tighter! You are truly inspiring and I thank you for being who you are and keeping us all informed with your blog. (Cary)

Nancy Lumb said...

AWESOME!!!!

Maley said...

WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Unknown said...

this is just the best news ever. I cannot stop smiling just thinking about how amazing you must feel at this very moment. wow. proud and honored to call you my friend. It's time for a visit. xxME

Batsy said...

Celebrating in Ohio for you! You are an inspiration to so many.

Unknown said...

YESSSSSS!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! TERRIFIC!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Hooray Bridget, that's the best news I've heard all week! Love ya sister friend, you inspire me every day. :)

Luiz said...

Hello, I enjoyed your blog!
I live in Brazil
Happy Easter to you!
Kisses

Anonymous said...

Late response but .... YES!!
Love you..... U Steve

Shad Cook (Jenny's husband) said...

That is AWESOME to hear!

Unknown said...

YAAYYY!! Wonderful news!! :-)